January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th Brings Good Luck!

Friday the 13th. Is it YOUR Bad Luck Day?

Did someone say Friday the 13th is "The Un-Luckiest Day of the Calendar Year"? Ding Dong!! Not here!

Welcome to the first, Friday the 13th for 2012! It will be a special year with the rare opportunity of seeing 3 months with Fridays on the 13th.   January, April and July. Since 1860 this has only happened 3 times and the last time this happened was 1984.


We started our first 2012 Friday 13th rather dismal, dark and grumpy. Then the door bell rang. Hmmm package arrival. What’s that a B&H PhotoVideo logo. WIDE EYES! Pretty nice surprise not but weeks after Christmas for me. Someone rather sweet sent a new 85mm lens my way. Kodee is thinking Dad really should have thrown in a bone or two since this means more "posing" time.


Just a few quick photos taken here, but wow, look at that depth of field. So excited to get the hang of this new lens!
So to my fellow friends, remember if today seems bleak, dismal, filled with no hope - have faith, better days are around the corner ;) My "Cavs Speak" the truth always!

Go Fetch!

9 Comments:

IndyAndCleo said...

Wow! Nice delivery to your door today ~ LUCKY you! ✿

Gorgeous *quick* photo ~ and of course, Kodee is a perfect little model. Hope both Kodee and Becky get that extra bone for more *posing* time! ❤

Cleo says *Woof!* ❤

Chewy said...

Wow I did not know that there were three months with friday the 13th. Also you got a delivery lucky you!

Chewy

Bassetmomma said...

Gorgeous paws crossed picture!

Soggibottom said...

We believe you :-)
Ah, look at those crossed paws :-) X X X

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

My Humans said they always thought the thirteenth or the number 13 was really lucky.

Y'all come back now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I just don't know how every photo that I see of you is always so perfect- even on Friday the 13th!
love
tweedles

houndstooth said...

Oh, how I wish the postman would bring a package like that here to me! You got great results with it!

Katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

Hi guys! First things first, that pic of Becky is gorgeous!! Miss Kodee is looking sweet and pretty as usual too.:)) I wanted to let you know we gave you an award for being on our list of dearest blogs. Hope you enjoy!:))

Pup Fan said...

Gorgeous photos!

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page