March 14, 2010

Purina Nationals 2010 Tell All!

OH ya! I travelled to the Purina Nationals at the International Centre in Mississauga, Ontario.  I was so thrilled to have under one roof Conformation, Canine Free Style Dance, Obedience, Rally and YES, SHOPPING! End that day with a great buffet style dinner with friends at Tuckers Market Place It just doesn't get much more perfect!
[Read More]

I have never been to a large all breed dog show or an indoor one. Tooted as Canada's largest all breed show this definitely is the one to experience. Being a newbie to dog competitions, I have never seen Obedience Trials or Rally so found it thrilling to watch them compete in rings side by side. Definitely the Obedience requires a greater training level and is much more intense. But the Rally is what got my attention. Mix a little bit of more light-hearted obedience where you can speak to your dog and throw in a dash of agility style weave poles and a jump and that is Rally! Look out Miss Kodee I have big plans for you now ;)

Dogs in Canada produced this video showing the difference in both sports at the Purina Nationals in 2009



The set up at the International Centre couldn't have been more perfect. Sitting only 10 bleachers up we had a perfect view of every ring. All at once we could see the Obedience, Rally and Conformation (to boot, 3 breeds at once). Well it's as if the Nationals JUST KNEW I was coming and just had to pacify me!! They put the Cavalier Kings Charles Spaniels conformation class side by side as the Labrador Retrievers! Oh dear, now I am back dreaming of that chocolate Labrador again. I have been blessed with owning a few black and one blond labs in my life. Such warm, playful and devoted dogs!

Dearly Missed
Jessie 1991 - 2006

Oh my!! The excitement doesn't stop yet!! Cassandra Hartman was there dancing away to "Cell Block Tango - He Had It Coming" from Chicago! Canada, we are lucky to have one of the best if not THE BEST Free Style Canine Dancing trainer/competitor. Cassandra has over 18 years experience training dogs and travels all across Canada and the U.S. to compete and teach. Look up her training and demonstration schedule at her website.

It's a bit blurry because I used a small digital camera, but here is a video of Cassandra from yesterday.

OK finally the last bit of fun of the day was Plush Puppy!! I have not seen this product in Canada and was jumping up and down to see a representative there!! We bought some O.M.G. grooming spray concentrate and split it three ways. Huge savings folks that works out to 10x less then if we bought the ready to use individually. They also gave us a grooming sheet specific to Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.Visit their website for a grooming tip sheet on your own breed. If your looking to find Plush Puppy in Canada here is the spot!
~ Rambling by Debbie

4 Comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like fun. I'm going to try to take in the Cavalier Specialty this fall.

I've often thought my guys could do Rally with a little bit of work.

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

You have a gardening blog!! Next to cavaliers I just love to garden!

I am going to the Specialty in June (where the picinic was) and the Specialty out your way in Sept!

sara said...

Oh it was SO MUCH fun! I ate until I thought I was going to puke! Tucker's Marketplace was definitely worth it - I don't remember eating that well since Christmas ;) LOL

Did you end up liking the plush puppy?

It was nice to see all the cavaliers there yesterday! I loved the little ruby kisses I got after the show.. I could have stayed there all day long! :) hehe

LOVED the dancing dog - that's it - you bring Kodee and I'll bring Kosmo to Rally-o! Faith and becky can take puppy classes together - Faith is a hard head during classes so she could use some more obedience but Kos would be great with fun!

Rouky said...

Wonderful post! Thanks so much for telling us all this the event.

Please review the plush puppy products when you'll have time.

About Me

My photo
Loving life with family and friends while exploring my passions; writing and photography. All with my two, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels in tow on day-trips along the Greater Toronto Area waterfront trails and local communities.

Add Miss Kodee On FlickR

MissKodee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Bark'n About © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger. Adapted from www.templatelite.com Wordpress Themes

Go to TOP of page